This issue of Perspectives features many noteworthy properties to recently come to market, as well as several notable sales: from a record listing in Hawaii to a historic castle in France, and the recent sales of a famed English address for over $14 million and a sprawling estate in California for $31 million. Also in this issue, our affiliates and their sales professionals working in Mauritius, Finland and Block Island, Rhode Island, offer an insiderâ€™s view of their regions and market conditions.Â Click Here to View Perspectives 1/2016.
Sales from various locations around the world, including an exceptionally rare Manhattan duplex, a captivating Colorado estate on 5.4 acres, a sprawling 14,139 square foot Texas estate, and a Montecito, California estate located in the prestigious Birnam Wood Golf Course Community.
$18,500,000 USD | New York, USA | Sothebyâ€™s International Realty East Side Manhattan Brokerage
New York – This exceptionally rare Upper East Side duplex, pre-war Condominium offers 8 bedrooms and 8 baths over approx. 7,500 square feet. The size and scale of a sprawling townhouse with the services and security of a white-glove service building, enter through a key-lock elevator onto a private landing with marble entrance gallery and an expansive corner great room boasting Central Park views.
Colorado – Located in the private, gated enclave of Pyramid Point, this captivating estate is on a 5.4-acre lot with views of Aspen Highlands and Pyramid Peak. The slopes of Tiehack and the Maroon Creek Golf Course are just down the road. Features include spa area with steam room, sauna and massage, exercise room, recreation room, three bars, theater, wine room, two offices, eight fireplaces, three-car garage, large patios with fire pit, waterfall, two hot tubs, and an expansive lawn area.
Texas – This estate is unmatched in grandeur and luxury, with a sprawling 5.3-acres and 14,139 square feet of living space. A picturesque drive along a tranquil creek reveals a truly breathtaking facade of classic stonework and slate roof. Inside reveals gold leaf accented ceilings, Venetian plaster corridors, rooms draped in rich textures of leather, hand-scraped herringbone and marble, a hidden stairway, a 2,200 bottle climate-controlled wine vault and a 10-car garage with six climatecontrolled spaces make this estate exceptional in every way.
$5,500,000 USDâ€‚|â€‚California, USA | Sothebyâ€™s International Realty Montecito Coast Village Road Brokerage
Montecito, California – Set on what may be the most dramatic and premier location within the prestigious Birnam Wood Golf Club, this highly refined home offers spectacular mountain and lake views from its expansive rooms along with the finest examples of superior construction and design. The three-bedroom plus den home offers high ceilings, handsome moldings, stone fireplaces, warm parquet oak floors and generous marble baths. One of the largest and most inspiring homes in the club. Sold by Harry Kolb.
- Wall Street Journal: Michael Jacksonâ€™s Onetime Neverland Lists for $100 Million
- AP: NEVERLAND, FORMER HOME OF MICHAEL JACKSON, ON SALE FOR $100M
- BBC: Michael Jackson’s Neverland ranch up for sale
- Bloomberg: Michael Jacksonâ€™s Neverland Ranch on the Market for $100 Million
- Forbes: Michael Jackson’s Neverland Ranch Is Officially For Sale For A Cool $100 Million
- NBC News: Michael Jackson Estate Neverland Up for Sale for $100 Million
- Rolling Stone: Michael Jackson’s Neverland Ranch Lists for $100 Million
- CNBC: Neverland, former home of Michael Jackson, on sale for $100M
- The Washington Post: Michael Jackson’s Neverland Ranch put up for sale
- Today: Michael Jackson’s Neverland ranch goes up for sale for $100 million
- Business Insider: Michael Jackson’s restored Neverland Ranch has hit the market for $100
- Daily Mail: Michael Jackson’s Neverland Ranch is up for sale for an astonishing $100m
- Artnet: Sotheby’s Puts $100 Million Price Tag On Michael Jackson’s Neverland Ranch
- Huffington Post UK: Michael Jackson’s Neverland Ranch Goes Up For Sale, Six Years After Singer’s Death
- AOL UK: Jackson’s Neverland on sale for ÂŁ65m
- London Evening Standard: Michael Jackson’s Neverland Ranch on the market for ÂŁ62m
- International Business Times: Neverland Ranch Cost And Photos 2015: Michael Jacksonâ€™s Former Home Lists For $100M
- Santa Barbara Independent: Neverland Ranch Going on the Market for $100 Million
- The Real Deal: Michael Jacksonâ€™s Neverland ranch hits market for $100M
- The Week: Michael Jackson’s Neverland Ranch could be yours for the low, low price of $100 million
- The Week UK: Michael Jackson’s Neverland ranch goes on sale for $100m
- Wealth-X: Michael Jackson’s Estate Up For Sale For US $100 Million
- Vogue:Â Michael Jacksonâ€™s Neverland Ranch Is Up for Sale
- CNN:Â Michael Jackson’s Neverland ranch on the market
- ABC News / Good Morning America:Â Michael Jackson’s ‘Neverland’ Hits Market With New Name
- ABC News:Â Inside Look at Michael Jackson’s ‘Neverland Ranchâ€™
- Fox News:Â Michael Jackson’s Neverland Ranch for sale for $100 million
- Entertainment Weekly:Â Michael Jackson’s Neverland Ranch: By the numbers
- Huffington Post:Â Michael Jackson’s Neverland Ranch Hits The Market For $100 Million
- Extra:Â How Much Will It Cost You to Buy Michael Jacksonâ€™s Neverland Ranch?
- San Francisco Chronicle:Â Michael Jacksonâ€™s Neverland Ranch on sale for $100 million
- Mansion Global: Nine Figures and Counting