Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi have listed their Santa Barbara home for sale. The couple is asking $45 million for the property, which is comprised of three parcels purchased in two 2013 transactions totaling $28.8 million.
Dating to the 1930â€™s, the rustic house measures 10,500 square feet, and contains six bedrooms and eight full or partial baths. The sandstone and raw timber home features a rambling layout around a center courtyard.
Itâ€™s a substantial look, and it doesnâ€™t ever pass into the vague indecision of many higher end period residences that have been renovated; it achieves a strong sense of authenticity by never really appearing to question its identity. Modernizations and elements of cross-cultural layering are nicely incorporated, and do not topple the composition.
DeGeneres has suggested that the house seems to be an expression of its landscape, and thatâ€™s pretty accurate. It doesnâ€™t impose, and it does not dominate; a neat trick for a home built from rusticated stone. And, even though the home is the product of a very assertive European design aesthetic located in Southern California, it doesnâ€™t feel contrived. Part of that effect is the countryside of Montecito, which perhaps more than any other SoCal locale resembles the Riviera.
The house features nine fireplaces, libraries and reading rooms. Ceilings are vaulted, sometimes open trussed, and floors are generally tile or stone. Windows and French doors are pleasingly plain, steel-framed affairs, and do not distract from the overall style. The overall look is heavy-handed, packed to bursting with charming detail, but it never comes off as ponderous. Frequently, skylights lend a little liberation to the proceedings, and balance things out nicely with a dash of the ethereal.
The nearly seventeen acres of grounds are filled with gardens and quiet alcoves. An additional pavilion structure was constructed by the couple, and features a wet bar and catering kitchen, and entertaining space under a high vaulted ceiling.
DeGeneresâ€”a legendarily restless house-hunterâ€”and spouse de Rossi have owned several homes in their time together: buying, renovating and selling. The coupleâ€™s latest real-estate acquisition may lead them to Australia, de Rossiâ€™s home country.
- Wall Street Journal: Michael Jacksonâ€™s Onetime Neverland Lists for $100 Million
- AP: NEVERLAND, FORMER HOME OF MICHAEL JACKSON, ON SALE FOR $100M
- BBC: Michael Jackson’s Neverland ranch up for sale
- Bloomberg: Michael Jacksonâ€™s Neverland Ranch on the Market for $100 Million
- Forbes: Michael Jackson’s Neverland Ranch Is Officially For Sale For A Cool $100 Million
- NBC News: Michael Jackson Estate Neverland Up for Sale for $100 Million
- Rolling Stone: Michael Jackson’s Neverland Ranch Lists for $100 Million
- CNBC: Neverland, former home of Michael Jackson, on sale for $100M
- The Washington Post: Michael Jackson’s Neverland Ranch put up for sale
- Today: Michael Jackson’s Neverland ranch goes up for sale for $100 million
- Business Insider: Michael Jackson’s restored Neverland Ranch has hit the market for $100
- Daily Mail: Michael Jackson’s Neverland Ranch is up for sale for an astonishing $100m
- Artnet: Sotheby’s Puts $100 Million Price Tag On Michael Jackson’s Neverland Ranch
- Huffington Post UK: Michael Jackson’s Neverland Ranch Goes Up For Sale, Six Years After Singer’s Death
- AOL UK: Jackson’s Neverland on sale for ÂŁ65m
- London Evening Standard: Michael Jackson’s Neverland Ranch on the market for ÂŁ62m
- International Business Times: Neverland Ranch Cost And Photos 2015: Michael Jacksonâ€™s Former Home Lists For $100M
- Santa Barbara Independent: Neverland Ranch Going on the Market for $100 Million
- The Real Deal: Michael Jacksonâ€™s Neverland ranch hits market for $100M
- The Week: Michael Jackson’s Neverland Ranch could be yours for the low, low price of $100 million
- The Week UK: Michael Jackson’s Neverland ranch goes on sale for $100m
- Wealth-X: Michael Jackson’s Estate Up For Sale For US $100 Million
- Vogue:Â Michael Jacksonâ€™s Neverland Ranch Is Up for Sale
- CNN:Â Michael Jackson’s Neverland ranch on the market
- ABC News / Good Morning America:Â Michael Jackson’s ‘Neverland’ Hits Market With New Name
- ABC News:Â Inside Look at Michael Jackson’s ‘Neverland Ranchâ€™
- Fox News:Â Michael Jackson’s Neverland Ranch for sale for $100 million
- Entertainment Weekly:Â Michael Jackson’s Neverland Ranch: By the numbers
- Huffington Post:Â Michael Jackson’s Neverland Ranch Hits The Market For $100 Million
- Extra:Â How Much Will It Cost You to Buy Michael Jacksonâ€™s Neverland Ranch?
- San Francisco Chronicle:Â Michael Jacksonâ€™s Neverland Ranch on sale for $100 million
- Mansion Global: Nine Figures and Counting
SYCAMORE VALLEY RANCH LISTED BY SOTHEBY’S INTERNATIONAL REALTY
Los Olivos, California
Style: French Normandy-Style
Square Footage: 12,598Â± sq.ft.
Year Built: 1982
Main Home: Bedrooms/Baths:Â Â 6Â / 7 full, 2 powder
Lot Size: Â 2,698Â± Acres
Architect: Robert Altevers
Sycamore Valley Ranch is the ultimate ranch retreat and gated estate of approx. 2,698 acres located 5 miles north of the town of Los Olivos. The main residence of approximately 12,598 sq. ft. offers six-bedrooms, including a large first floor master suite with a private loft and two master baths. The home was designed by Robert Altevers for William Bone in a French Normandy-style and meticulously crafted to perfection in 1982.Â The home is nestled between extensively landscaped gardens and a four-acre lake complete with a waterfall, incredible pastoral views to the south and majestic mountain views to the north.Â An expansive covered outdoor barbeque area is perfect for entertaining and is located adjacent to the inviting pool and nearby pool house and tennis court.Â There are multiple structures on the property including three separate guest homes, a 5,500 sq.ft. movie theater with stage, several barns, animal shelter facilities, corrals and a maintenance shop.Â
Call Harry Kolb at 805-452-2500 for further information.
This issue features top sales from various locations, beginning with a $58 million home in Hong Kong.Â Also featured are properties from a diverse range of locations including California, Colorado, Florida, New York, Massachusetts, Rhode Island and Utah. The strength of the Sothebyâ€™s International Realty brand is on display in this issue, featuring some of the worldâ€™s most significant sales.
Hong Kong – This luxuriously presented, free-standing detached house is located in a prestigious area surrounded by rolling hills and overlooking the city. The home has a well-appointed contemporary interior and amazing outdoor space on the rooftop terrace. It also has a huge private garden with attached swimming pool. This spacious, light-filled home features high ceilings to accentuate the elegant overall design. The house is also refurbished in white marble walls and flooring throughout, with every level in the home constructed with a separate open staircase and a private elevator with access to every level. There is a dome-shaped skylight window ceiling which completes the overall luxurious design
California – From the Sandy Shores of Del Mar, California, this family compound sits behind private gates in a small beach enclave known as Sandy Lane. It offers a unique opportunity to refresh or rebuild an original Russell Forester built in 1950 and yet still relevant for todayâ€™s beach front living. Rarely seen at the ocean front, this home features a large beach side patio, three bedroom main residence, pool, cabana/guest house, private green courtyards and ample guest parking all from just a few steps to the sand.
Colorado – Enlisting the talents of architects Ike Kligerman Barkley, the design team of the Muse Building left no detail to chance. Adorned with exquisite finishes and furnishings, the practical and inviting floor plan flows from opulent living spaces to an inviting roof top deck and back again, all while solely focused on enhancing the sublime living experience through meticulous attention to detail. The Muse Penthouse features 5,053 livable heated square feet with four bedrooms and four-and-a-half baths, as well as 4,451 square feet of decks and patios. There is a rooftop deck with heated pool and unobstructed views of Aspen Mountain, private patio and deck on the main level capturing the sights and sounds of downtown. The latest Savant technology controls security, climate, window coverings, lights, audio and video. There is 5,235 square feet of commercial space on the second level.
Florida – This private compound is ideal for the end user, investor or developer planning to build a new, large luxury waterfront estate on prestigious upper North Bay Road in Miami Beach. This one- of-a-kind opportunity offers 37,895 square feet, 191 linear feet of water frontage, with incredible unobstructed panoramic views of the Downtown Miami skyline amidst breathtaking sunsets.
A Belgian block drive welcomes one to this impressive five-bedroom home, which sits grandly on the prestigious and highly coveted Lincoln Circle. Sweeping views of Nantucket Harbor are sure to be enjoyed from the first and second floor of both the house and cottage or from the beautifully landscaped lawns and multiple decks accented by surrounding gardens and manicured grounds. The beauty and sandy shoreline of Steps Beach is moments away or enjoy an aerial view from the impressive roof walk.